Fun Things to do in Lawrence this Summer!
June 21st marks the first day of summer. The sun is out, the weather is nice, and with school over, everyone is searching for something fun to do.
Looking to cool off, why not take a splash in the Geisler Pool or the Higgins Pool? Pools open on June 25th and is open to the public.
The Geisler Pool
50 High Street, Lawrence, MA
The Higgins Pool
180 Crawford Street, Lawrence, MA
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday, 12pm – 7pm
Saturday & Sunday, 11am – 7pm
**Closes for the season on August 28th
Monday – Friday, 11am – 7pm
Saturday & Sunday, 11am – 7pm
**Closes for the Season on August 21st
Want to express your inner creativity? El Taller Café & Bookstore hosts an Open Mic Night every third Thursday from 7:30 pm – 10 pm. Sing, read poetry, play an instrument – the stage is yours so you decide. If you like to write, The Common Sage, a writing club offers you the opportunity to express your thoughts and share stories with other members of the community. The Club meets at El Taller every Wednesday from 7 pm – 8 pm.
Below are some activity ideas for adults and children alike.
Arts, Culture, & History
- Take a class at the Essex Art Center. Classes offered for both children and adults from June until August. Register online today!
- Enjoy a Short Film and Jazz Festival, Saturday, August 26th, 3pm – 10pm. Click here for additional info. Location: 60 Island Street, Lawrence, MA (Rain location: Everett Mills, 15 Union Street, Lawrence, MA, 6th Floor)
- Stop by the Lawrence Heritage State Park – Lawrence Visitor Center for a guided museum tour or walking tour. Location: 1 Jackson Street, Lawrence, MA 01840
- Lawrence History Center – Learn more about the history and heritage of Lawrence. Location: 6 Essex Street, Lawrence, MA
- Boston Fish Market, 125 Hampshire Street, Lawrence, MA
- Café Azteca, 180 Common Street, Lawrence, MA
- Carleen’s Coffee Shop Breakfast and Lunch, 209 S Broadway, Lawrence, MA
- Coco Rays, 420 Common Street, Lawrence, MA
- Coffee Cann Café, 360 Merrimack Street, Lawrence, MA
- El Tipico, 147 Lawrence Street, Lawrence, MA
- Groundwork Lawrence, Farmers Market & CSA
- Jim’s Original Subs, 415 S Broadway, Lawrence, MA
- Jimmy John’s, 500 Merrimack Street, Lawrence, MA
- Lee Chen, 230 Winthrop Ave., Lawrence, MA
- Nick’s Place, 195 Lowell Street, Lawrence, MA
- North End Deli, 95 Common Street, Lawrence, MA
- Pollo Centro, 105 S Broadway, Lawrence, MA
- Salvatore’s, 354 Merrimack Street, Lawrence, MA
- Tacos Lupita, 505 Broadway, Lawrence, MA
- Tripoli’s, 106 Common Street, Lawrence, MA
- Imajine That – Indoor Play for Kids
- Location: 354 Merrimack Street, 2nd Floor, Lawrence, MA
- Greater Lawrence Community Boating Program Summer Fest, June 24th, 11am – 3pm
- Location: 1 Eaton Street, Lawrence, MA
- Feast of the Three Saints: September 1–3, 2017. Stay tuned for more info here: http://www.threesaintsinc.org/.
- Den Rock Park, Route 114, across from Kohl’s
- Riverfront State Park, Rowe Street, along the Merrimack River
- Mount Vernon Park (good for walking dogs), Mount Vernon Street, between Crestshire Drive and Barnard Road
Shopping – Canal Street Antique Mall, open 7 days a week!
Lawrence is a multi-ethnic and multicultural gateway city so there is a wide range of activities that celebrate the diversity of the city. From ethnic festivals to art exhibitions, there’s plenty of things to keep you busy this summer.